As you can see, he enjoyed the 4th of July this year. Went to bed too early to see fireworks, though. I have a feeling next year these types of festivities will take on a whole new meaning. So, with that, I'll end this little welcome message and get back to adjusting the settings and such on this page. Hopefully those of you who are interested in keeping up here and there with new photos and updates of Jack and our lives will find it useful!
7.06.2007
Welcome!
Well, I've finally done it. Two years ago I had never heard of blogs before when a student of mine wrote a paper about them (this speaks to both my relative ignorance of what's going on out there in the real world, and also to the tenacity of undergraduate students in what they feel qualifies as good subject material for final papers), and yet here I am creating my own. At first I couldn't figure out what the pull of blogging was, and I had no idea who in the world would want to keep up with every little silly thing going on in my life, like what I had for dinner last night or what book I'm reading. Yet I've discovered in the last year that I've been checking my friends' blogs more and more to keep up with their lives, and it's those daily, "silly" things that I miss most about living near my friends and being a part of their everyday lives. So thanks to you girls and guys out there who have paved my way into blogging territory, I'm going to give it a go myself. Mike looked at me incredulously last night when he discovered my intention of beginning a blog and said, "When are you going to have time to do a blog??" Silly husband, has he learned nothing of my will to find dozens of VERY IMPORTANT things to do that have no relation to finishing my dissertation? Surely the blog will fit somewhere in between going through my interviews and beginning my chapter writing (hmmm...) Like most things, it's one more activity to fit into Jack's naptimes. Speaking of, this blog will hardly be about my life, but most likely will revolve around the star of the show in our lives, Master Jack:

As you can see, he enjoyed the 4th of July this year. Went to bed too early to see fireworks, though. I have a feeling next year these types of festivities will take on a whole new meaning. So, with that, I'll end this little welcome message and get back to adjusting the settings and such on this page. Hopefully those of you who are interested in keeping up here and there with new photos and updates of Jack and our lives will find it useful!
As you can see, he enjoyed the 4th of July this year. Went to bed too early to see fireworks, though. I have a feeling next year these types of festivities will take on a whole new meaning. So, with that, I'll end this little welcome message and get back to adjusting the settings and such on this page. Hopefully those of you who are interested in keeping up here and there with new photos and updates of Jack and our lives will find it useful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment