2.05.2008
the wonders of zinc
I am here to profess the wonders and miracle works of zinc losenges. Even my drug-cautious husband agress that they really work. I am now using zinc losenges for the third time in about 4 months to ward off a cold/tonsillitus/flu bout I feel coming on, and so far it seems to be working. I am restricting myself to no more than 3 losenges per day since I don't want to overdose on the zinc during pregnancy, and yet it still managed to work beautifully the last two times. I have had a bad history of tonsillitus in my lifetime, and the last time I saw my tonsils covered in white spots I began sucking on zinc losenges. It was the first time in my life that they got better instead of worse, and I escaped the next few days of sore throats and misery that usually follows those blasted spots. So for those of you who are skeptical or have never tried them, I highly recommend those losenges at the first inkling of illness. Mike says the key is to start using them before you are full out sick, since they work best by coating your throat before the germs or virus does. So on that day before, where you don't quite feel sick but know it's coming :) And take it from me, the generic losenges work just as well, but don't taste as good as the name brand Cold-Eze. (Though both will leave a weird metallic taste in your mouth for most of the day.) I'm hoping they will rescue me this time from a cold, since we are leaving for Minneapolis this Friday and I want to be well, well, well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you get to feeling better. Brad has professed his faith in zinc lozenges in the past also. Maybe I should try them next time.
Post a Comment