8.21.2008

Gold!

Shawn won the gold during the women's balance beam final on Tuesday and we couldn't be happier for her. Watching it was so fun, and I cried when they showed her parents crying out of joy. So sweet! We're ecstatic Shawn will bring home a gold from this Olympics. Go Shawnie!



On my own athletic front, I have started jogging again. By this I mean I've gone every day for the last 3 days. Until I am convinced it's a habit, I'll hold off on referring to myself as a runner ;) The first day was pretty pathetic--my head and shoulders were leagues ahead of the rest of my body, willing it to keep going forward. A highschool kid passed me on the sidewalk. I think it's safe to say I am currently in the worst shape of my life. But in the words of my husband, "I have no where to go but up." Sweet, isn't he?

1 comment:

sarah90046 said...

mike is the sweetest :) keep it up! it can only get easier. and just think of all those endorphines!!!