These are Jack's great-great Aunt and Uncle (my great uncle) Kay and Jack, his partial family namesake. They stopped by to see Jack this past week on their way to Colorado, since they would have to miss his birthday party. They brought him some fabulous truck books, which he loves. New books are always a welcome thing at our house--variety is good! I hope some day when I retire I live as well as my great aunt and uncle. They truly embrace the idea of living life to its fullest, and retirement has not slowed them down at ALL. They go to Colorado at least once or twice a year to ski. They travel all over, on biking trips through Russia and China, organizing family reunions on Alaskan cruises, taking every opportunity to make it to family events even if they have to travel a long way, driving all over the country in their camper with the cat, Cricket. They keep up with current events and are always looking to learn new things--the last time they passed through my uncle asked to borrow several of my introductory anthropology texts so he could learn more about what I do. Not what I expect from your typical 70-yr-old :) Cheers to them!
Just a random pic here, recently we tried out the Bumbo seat for Benj and it was a hit. He's growing so fast! Rolling over now and everything.
No comments:
Post a Comment