9.04.2008

4 Months

Where did the time go? I apparently slept through the entire month of September because I'm CONVINCED it's now October: 55 degrees, leaves on the ground, smell of bonfires... did I miss something? It was 90 on Monday and we were in the pool! Huh?!

Yesterday Benjamin turned 4 months, and as I often wonder, how is he growing up so fast? He weighed in at 18 lbs 6 oz (97%) and is 26 3/4 inches (97%). So we have a big guy on our hands (still).


He continues to be an incredible joy in our lives, cute and cuddly and a little love.

His big brother is also making leaps and bounds in the growth department. Not so much in the weight and height area, but in the mental arena. In the past couple weeks his language skills seem to have taken a big leap. I even heard his first sentence a couple days ago: "Mama, I need more blocks." The "I need" came out clearly for the first time, as it usually sounds like "Ernie." He is always counting these days. Anything from m&ms in his cookies, to blocks on the ground. He doesn't count things in order, so he usually ends up with the wrong number (he'll skip around so much that he counts things twice and ends up with 8 blocks instead of the 5 that are actually there), but it's still awesome to see. And his favorite song to sing is the ABC's. He doesn't hit every letter yet, but he knows it well. It's fun to see.


We are all trying to get 100% healthy after passing around a cold this past weekend. Mike and Benj are still on the mend, while Jack and I seem to be feeling better. Mike is busy with preparing his guest lectures for two classes at Drake in a week, and I am constantly battling myself over a dissertation my mind wants to finish but that my heart isn't into.

No comments: