10.31.2008

Bloggin 'Bout Barack


So I made it to the rally this morning, but about 2 minutes late. Which meant I got to hear Obama in person, but I couldn't see a damn thing. People around me managed to jump up high enough to let me know he was wearing a white shirt. Fantastic. Kenda, however, got in line at 8:30am, knitted her way through the 3 hr. wait, and was front and center for the rally. She shook hands with the man and got fanfreakintastic photos. She promises to post them on her blog. The speech was essentially the same one I've heard time and again on CNN, but it was nice to hear in person. It made him a bit more real. Nice to be amongst like-minded people, too. Benj was happy to be there, too.

Here's a photo of Kenda's camera, showing one of the awesome photos *she* got (catch that?)


Kenda and Benjamin at lunch after the rally, at Court Avenue Brewing Company:


I got a few hours with Kenda after the rally to chat and catch up about fieldwork, dissertations undone, and life in general. It was so good to talk with someone (in person) who really "gets" it when it comes to grad school, anthropology, dissertation fodder and such. We have the same adviser so that is extremely relatable. I've missed her! It got me a bit revamped on the scholarly front, as well. Good times.

No comments: