We've had some fun moments, though, in the quick lapses between Jack's breakdowns. The best was Benj's first taste of solid food this morning: sweet potatoes. He kept gagging and wasn't a big fan, so it may be awhile before he takes to it.
Like brother, like brother:
Yesterday Mike and I decided to give Jack his Christmas gift early. As much as I was looking forward to our first Christmas eve where we would stay up after Jack goes to bed, setting out his toys and stocking, playing santa and drinking egg nog, so that we can see his little face light up Christmas morning, we traded it all for an extra month and a half of an indoor activity to keep him busy since the weather is now crappy and he is so sick he can't be soothed. (How's that for a long sentence?) It didn't work according to plan. We did drink cider and put the track together while he was napping, but he came down whining and crying and being sick, ignoring the track altogether and wanting to be held. Damn. It did NOT satisfy my need for a cute home video. Today, however, he started to take to the train:
Friday we grinned through our nauseous stomachs and the falling snow and made the drive up to Ames for Mike's cousin's wedding. Mike sang in the wedding and was an usher, so we felt pressed to be there! Jack was clingly all night, but luckily managed to cling occassionally to Gma&Gpa so that Mike could do his wedding business and I could tend to Benj. He ended the evening by vomiting all over and we quickly made our getaway, but before that happened, we caught some cute photos. And Sarah, Benjamin wore your beautiful sweater for the first time! I'm happy to say it fit (I was soo worried that he would outgrow it before cold weather came. It's a bit short for his extra long torso, but not bad). We llloooovvvveeeed it.
Always loves any opportunity to grab mommy's hair
Prince Benjamin, I presume? (that is Mike's brother, Danny and Danny's step-daughter, Jenna)
with Aunt Bobbi (Danny's wife)
Please wish us a healthy week with daycare included and lots of productive diss work for me!
1 comment:
WOW, what a train set, Jack!! That sure looks like a lot of fun.
Post a Comment