This weekend Mike, Benjamin and I drove down to Kansas City to see my friend Alicia's new home, and spend her birthday weekend with her. Jack stayed at home with Mike's mom, bless her heart. We had a great time, and a lot of time "off" from parenting since Asia, Alicia's 14-yr-old stepdaughter was there to coo and care for Benj. She is truly one of a kind. How many 14-yr-olds do you know that ask to change dirty diapers and be woken up at 6am to play with the baby? She baby-sat Saturday night so we could go out as adults. Priceless. She was a lifesaver on the ride home, since she was headed to Iowa for a week with the grandparents and rode in the backseat with Benjamin, thus keeping him from his usual carseat screams. I wish we could convince her to put off school for about 6 months and move in as our nanny till I finish this dang degree!!!
Here are some photos from our fun weekend:
Benj's bestfriend, Asia

His other bestfriend, Comet the dog

making smores over the firepit

on the plaza, we did some shopping. i mistakenly thought a thong was a complicated a-cup device after pulling it out of a bra bin

we liked the toy store


We enjoyed a childfree dinner at the MS Grill on the plaza, where seafood was had by all. They boasted an award winning bartender, so I was excited to get his answer to my usual, "What can you make for a pregnant woman?" question. He won my award for the best virgin concoction I've ever had, and got extra points for making it "on the house."


It was a great weekend!
3 comments:
would love to see some belly shots!
I'm glad you guys got to have some kid-free time. Oh, and I'm so glad to see Mike still wearing his sunglasses. LOL
I live only 14 miles from KC. Sorry I missed you guys!
Post a Comment