9.29.2009

Welcome Baby Gavin

I'm so happy to announce the arrival of our son, Gavin McCall, at 7:32 AM this morning. He weighs 8 lbs 1 oz and has a head of dark hair. The labor was 6 hours, from 1:30AM till birth. He was posterior, so the back labor was a challenge, but my amazing husband was there for each contraction, pushing on my back. He was born in the water as planned, which was amazing. It was a beautiful birth of a beautiful boy, and I can't think of one thing I'd change about it.





Midwife Kari checking Gavin over


Cosette, midwife extraordinaire





Tomorrow he'll meet the brothers, so for now, we enjoy the peace and quiet of a non-chaotic house.

9 comments:

Beehave said...

Congratulations!!! Much love to your growing family!

Bridget Kurtt DeJong said...

YYYYYYAYYYYYYYY!!!

sarah90046 said...

yeah! Bran, I am so happy for you and Mike. Sending you lots of love. Welcome to Gavin!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome baby Gavin!!

~ Emily and Brody

carrie said...

hooray! i'm so happy for all of you and especially excited that you got to welcome gavin into the world and into your home at the same time :)

stephanie said...

I'm so excited for you guys and that the home birth went just the way you wanted it to. We are so excited to meet Gavin. I think he looks just like his big brothers. Oh, and love the middle name!

Natali Jolley said...

Oh My! Another wonderful boy. What a blessing and a challenge huh. I am so glad that you sent me the email to share your news. You made my day. I am so happy for you and Mike and Jack and Benjamin and new baby Gavin. Good job with the homebirth and everything that went along with it. You are an amazing woman. Tell the fam hello and Happy birthday to Jack.

Anonymous said...

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO HAPPY FOR YOU...SO HAPPY I'M NOT THE ONLY CRAZY FAMILY WITH 3 KIDS!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS, SAGE

Lauren said...

Congratulations on a wonderful homebirth and beautiful baby!! I just read your comment on the FOIM blog and wanted to let you know that you can direct the reporter to anyone on the website and we can figure out who would be best to talk with her. Thanks for the good media, I can't imagine a better spokesperson for homebirth than a gorgeous little boy like Gavin.