1.20.2010

Iced In

Will spring EVER come? Is it only January? I can't stand this much longer! We're running out of indoor things to do--especially those activities that work the major motor muscles for the boys. They are, quite literally, jumping out of their skins. In a cute moment, I found the older two upstairs in Benj's room after changing Gavin. They had made a bed on the floor and were reading together:



As with everything else, it quickly turned into this:





And then, somehow, back to this (briefly), again.


No other news here. Mike is taking off all of next week so I can work on my dissertation, which is starting to feel irrelevant. I just paid yet another $985 to the University of Iowa to be enrolled this semester. I'm now kicking myself for not requesting a "leave" last fall after Gavin was born, as a sort of maternity leave, and saved that money. Now I'll have to pay for summer term as well, since I won't graduate at least till then. Farrell's is going well--I really like it. If my scale is calibrated correctly, I've lost 7 lbs in 9 days. Crazy stuff. I'm determined to get out of these maternity jeans!!!

2 comments:

carrie said...

i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's actually only *january* ;)

earthmama said...

aw, sheesh, thanks carrie. maybe that was wishful thinking. :)