2.26.2010

Bradley's Story

I recently learned of a very heart-breaking turn of events in the life of a girl I went to high school with. Both the Des Moines Register and Channel 13 have done stories on this, so local people may already know. Just after his 2nd birthday, her son Bradley went to the doctor several times for what was initially diagnosed as an ear infection, then strep throat, then vomiting...and finally, a brain tumor was found. He has already undergone two major surgeries and is now going through chemo. I cannot imagine any of my own young children undergoing this type of intensive illness and hospital care....when they are so young you just cannot explain to them why they must do all those painful things. It breaks my heart in every way. Not to mention the fact that their other three children are in the care of family while they remain at his hospital bed. I just watched a short video tribute to him on YouTube and haven't stopped crying since. Anyone interested in learning more can visit this site: Bradley's Story, or read the DSM Register article here: Ankeny Toddler Battles Rare Form of Brain Cancer. There is also a Facebook group and information on both pages on how to donate any amount to his care.

What a sweet, sweet boy who has a long, terrible road ahead of him. My heart goes out to this family.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Little Bradley lives three houses down from me. His oldest sibling Elijah is in Loralei's 2nd grade class. Angie called me when Bradley was so sick vomiting (before being diagnosed). I told her she had to take him back in, and a few hours later she finally had some answers. The Pres of the PTO at Loralei's school and I got together to brain storm how we could help, and it has turned into a huge community thing. I think it's great how supportive everyone is, and I can't imagine how hard it must be for Angie right now. Everyone is praying...Terrilee