3.09.2010

Little Hoarder

Jack's newest obsession is hoarding. He calls it "building forts;" I call it hoarding. He'll take nearly everything in a room and put it in one big pile. The other day it started on the playtable:



Later, it moved to the floor:


The grand finale was that evening, when he decided the pack and play was best suited for his stuff. He ended up piling nearly everything in our playroom into that crib:




And while I liked how "clean" the rest of the room looked...


This was a little overwhelming


After he went to bed, we decided to unload the pack and play and just take it back down to storage. You wouldn't believe the stuff he fit in there: about 20 loose cds, an entire load of clean laundry, the contents of our magazine rack, the entire Sunday newspaper, diaper bag belongings, shoes, every Little People figure we have in the house, two boxes of baby toys..... and my personal favorite is this magazine (note the title on the front page):



In other news, Gavin is continuing his journey toward crawling. He pushes up straight on his arms and then "worms" down and up onto his knees. He's quite adept at scooching backwards in this manner across the floor. I give him another month, and then I fear, the baby gates will be going back up. He's the most smiley guy ever, and has a tendency to wake up from a deep sleep and break into an immediate smile or laugh.



1 comment:

Beehave said...

m, Sofia was doing this for a while. I resorted to getting rid of all things that could conceivably be construed as containers. It must have worked. Last weekend I found an old back pack of her and left it on the counter. That night I found it stuffed to the gills with parts to various games, dolls,paperclips, etc.