6.14.2010

Photo Update

This summer's home project is new doors--sliding and regular. It was a bit unsettling to come home from my workout the other day and see a large hole in the side of the family room.



Unbeknownst to us, resetting doors means tearing up flooring. Luckily, we had extra tile that could be put down after the others were torn up. Also luckily, we have a wonderful contractor who can literally do it all (let's see, he's already tackled our drywalling, door installation, tiling, and soon-to-be pergo needs).


Unfortunately, the kitchen flooring is not so lucky. Added to this summer's home project: new pergo for the kitchen.


This week's CSA bounty:

We're becoming accustomed to edible pansies in our lettuce.


Rain, rain, go away. Stop flooding our yard today.



Anyone got a sump pump for our garden?


Yesterday I enjoyed a Rebels girl day with Alicia, Kelly, Shelly, and Shelby (Kelly's daughter, 2 weeks younger than Benj). I was not so happy when Gavin decided to follow Shelby and climb the entire stairway. {sigh}, add yet one more babygate to the house.



Gav tried sweet potato but did not like the solid food experience. He still shoves food in his mouth a lot, but then gags and acts like it's the worst thing in the world. We're not pushing it--we've only put him in the highchair twice. We learned with Benjamin that they'll eat whenever they are ready, and I'm in no hurry! I'm still making babyfood like mad, though, since we're getting fresh, organic kale and broccoli from our CSA, and I want to use as much as possible for babyfood and get it into the freezer now!




Typical guy, passed out on the couch :)

No comments: