5.13.2011

Rainy Days

I'm continually amazed how we can go from air conditioning during the day to considering the heat at night. Funny weather. We are making the most of today's rainy day, playing inside. I helped out with the preschool's fundraising garage sale this morning and snagged some super stuff for our own house. Saved $100 on a wooden easel that I had wish listed at Amazon.com when I found one at the sale. It's one of those with the chalkboard, magnetic dry erase whiteboard, materials tray, and a roll of paper you can hook up and over to color or fingerpaint on. Super!






I also scored an awesome bike, same size and style as Jack's new one, for Benji's future use. Although it's Hawkeye colors and Jack is in love with it, so chances are he'll start using that one now :) Mike got some golf clubs (so I assume he plans to learn to golf?) and I found a complete knee/elbow/wrist guard set for when Jack learns to ride without training wheels. I'm not a garage sale person, but I felt good with these deals today!

I feel so blessed to have so much great shelving and storage in the new place, but the combination of having dramatically cleaned out our last house in prepartion for moving and the fact that neither of us are "knick knacky" people, means we have NOTHING on these shelves. The few pieces of Willow Creek carvings I did have were promptly broken after kids got to them on the built-ins. So now, it seems, they work for cars:



Gavin is a book worm. From the moment he wakes up till bedtime, he's asking for "book! read! chair! couch!" He crawled right into Benjamin's nap at breakfast and brought "Goodnight Moon." Benj said, "Okay, Gavy, I'll read to you." It was too cute.



My newest favorite photo:

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awesome garage sale deals!! I'm addicted to garage sales. Love the new pics. They are all too cute!