8.14.2011

Planting up the Place


It takes me a long time to really get a feel for what I want on the walls of a home. In our last house, I had finally started putting up some real decor on the walls when we decided a few months later to list it and move. Now I'm starting anew! Our house still has a very minimalist feel as I try to feel out what I want and where. I have my eye on this StoryPeople sun for one of the family room walls, but it will probably be awhile (Christmas?) until we want to make that sort of purchase. I have boxes and boxes of framed photos up in my closet, but many are outdated and I'd prefer to put new and fresh photos in the frames before putting them out. Our family portraits don't include Gavin, so I haven't put those up at all, either, since they don't really represent our family anymore. For now, we have kids' fingerpaintings and hand picked preschool garden pumpkins decorating the rooms :) Still, Mike is itching to make our house more "homey," so in an attempt to do so, I planted up the place a week ago. I do hope they survive. I do NOT have a way with greenery.






Even after living in the house 5 months, workers are still showing up to "finish the job." A guy from Wayne-Dalton showed up the other day to put up our garage door hardware! I had nearly forgotten about that. Now I think the house is mostly done externally....?!

No comments: