9.28.2011

Jack's love interest

Jack told me on the way home from preschool a couple weeks ago the following statement:

"Mom, I asked Cecelia to marry me. She said no."
But he was grinning and red as a beet.

This was quite out of the blue, considering up till this moment all we had heard was, "I am never getting married because I do NOT like kissing."

But every time he mentions Cecelia, he flutters his eye lashes and ducks his head, grinning from ear to ear. Can love strike a 5-yr-old's heart?! He has been coloring pictures for her and leaving them in her preschool take-home tub.

A friend attended one of their preschool field trips earlier this week and emailed me a photo she took. Now I see why he's so taken (she's the one right next to him):


Well, maybe someday she'll change her mind and fall for my dashing young man.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is too cute. She is a cutie!