This Monday marked our 1-year anniversary of moving into our new home. It's amazing that it's been a whole year. In some ways it flew by, but when I reflect on how much change the kids have undergone...Mike has undergone...I have undergone, in the past year, it makes sense. I remember feeling like it was a big milestone the day we had been in the house longer than we had lived in the apartment. That was more important to me at the time--creating distance from the "apartment" genre of my life. Between mucking it through a winter in that small spot with three young, and one especially troubled, kids, finishing a dissertation, and really hitting an all-time low, it feels good to have moved beyond that year.
I found a blog post from a year ago, which puts things in perspective for me:
http://earthmamaspace.blogspot.com/2011/03/home-sweet-home-and-unpacking-not-so.html
I am SO VERY EAGER for tomorrow as Mike will quite possibly be signing on for a new job, one that makes him dance with delight, and then I am taking him on a surprise weekend "away" (to a hotel downtown) for an evening out with friends, then a whole day without kids, and then another evening where we can enjoy a special dinner to (hopefully) celebrate his new job and my birthday. We are both fighting off colds, but I will be damned if sinus drainage takes over this long-awaited weekend :)
1 comment:
WOW!!! That sounds like an awesome weekend. I hope you have a great time. What job is Mike taking?
Post a Comment