5.06.2012
Cal.I.Forn.Ia.
Finally, finally, finally made it to California to visit my dear friend, Bridget. It was worth the wait, even though the wait was long. Had a great trip, with especially wonderful friends, beautiful scenery, and much enjoyed quiet time. I even read 175 books of a book of my own choosing, which is the equivalent of what it takes 5 months to read at home. !!!
Photos of all the loveliness abound...
Alcatraz Island
Bird Sanctuary at Merritt Lake in Oakland
DeJong portion of the community gardens
Treasure Island statue, flea market
Willa opening her half birthday gift
House on the side of a mountainous hill in earthquake country? Yes, apparently that IS a good idea.
Beautiful view from DeJong deck, in Montclair Village
Me and the Wills.
Tatoo = Most. Awesome. Cat. EVER.
Beach! Half Moon Bay
Aww, cute family!
Willa, meet Waves. Waves, meet Willa.
How much do I love the flora in CA?
Wine Country. Russian River/ Dry Creek Valley in Healdsburg, CA.
Ridge Winery
Sbragia Winery
Back to Des Moines, and reality. I couldn't capture it on my camera, but the last flight home had the most beautiful, amazing view of a thunderstorm alongside the plane. It was far away enough, thankfully, that we avoided turbulence. But the view of the non-stop electricity throughout the clouds outside my window was so breathtaking.
I had such a great time. It was a relaxing trip at the exact moment I needed one. Thank you, Bridge, for all the love and moments.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment