6.07.2012

OOOOOkoboji!

Family vacation to Okoboji! Woot!








The first night, Mike fell asleep at 8:30 PM while lying inside the room and keeping kids in bed. I took advantage of the quiet time to sit on the deck of our room and enjoy the view, along with a camera and a glass of wine. I can think of far worse ways to spend an evening alone.










Arnold's Park! Always a fun place for young and old alike.








Gavin was majorly displeased that he wasn't tall enough for many of the rides his brother were on. The attendant of the kid's roller coaster assured me he was an okay height to ride with Jack. What do you think?























This year we finally got to the Barefoot Bar at Parks Marina, which was lots of fun. Nothing beats 5 bars on a Florida-inspired, palm-lined sand beach with a playground for the kids and margaritas for mama. And the kids liked the pirate.




Having my parents there at the same time was so very nice because they were willing to take the kids swimming so we could do a couple boat rides alone, and the last night we were there we took an adults-only cocktail cruise and then went out for a nice seafood dinner. It really felt like vacation!


I took several photos of us on the cocktail cruise with my cell phone, but since I can't seem to find the card that transfers my phone's memory to our computer, I guess they will remain forever locked on my phone :) All in all, a great mini-vacation at Fillenwarth Beach. That place holds so many memories for me, and it's bitter-sweet to now be the parent taking my own children there. I've watched the owner and his own children grow older, but the place seems timeless in many ways. Things get renovated, but it's the same cabins, the same faces I saw year after year with my parents since I was 10-years-old. So amazing.

1 comment:

sarah90046 said...

I still have never been to Okoboji, but it looks beautiful. Love the cute hair, Brandy!