The weather finally cooled down and we are making the most of every open window, chance for smores over the fire pit, and fall activity we can make happen. This weekend we visited the Wills Family Orchard to buy some locally-grown, organic apples and have a little fall fun. This is my newest favorite place to go. Unlike Howell's Farm, it's not crawling with as many people as the State Fair. It's lower key, and the family who runs it is so very nice. The kids had a great time in the corn maze, and helping me pick a few pie pumpkins. I'm going to experiment this year with using real pumpkins to cook some stew... and maybe a pie, if I'm overly ambitious. I also bought 20 lbs of honey crisp apples for my foiree into home canning. Have canner, have book on how to can, have 20 lbs of apples. GO! This should be interesting.....
I only snapped a few shots of the boys enjoying the orchard and their new kittens before we lost Jack in the corn maze and had the whole crew looking for him....but alas, no Case Haub family outing is complete without a little drama.
It was all I could do to stop myself from taking this little grey and white one home....



No comments:
Post a Comment