2.25.2013

seeking a little inner craftiness

Anyone who knows me will attest to the fact that I am not a crafty person, but I greatly appreciate and am fond of craftiness in others. But after reading "The Rhythm of Family: Discovering a Sense of Wonder through the Seasons" by Amanda Blake Soule and Stephen Soule, I decided to try out a craft with the kids that seemed doable, even for me. A winter wreath, filled with "bits of nature" we collected and then frozen inside a bundt pan. The idea is that it will slowly melt in the sun outside and reveal the natural internal stuffing as it drips away.



I also received free tickets to a craft show at the fairgrounds from a woman I have purchased items from at the Omaha farmer's market near my brother's place. So my mom went with me, along with my friend Colleen and her mother. I had NO IDEA one could spend 3 hours at a craft show. I didn't think it would really be my thing. However, guess who left having spent $0? My mother. Guess who left having spent.... several handfuls of $$s? That would be me. In addition to some local jam (which I consider a grocery item, so negligible when counting costs :) I picked up the following beauties:

No comments: