Emily and Susan are new friends who I adore and love hanging out with. Emily has 5 kids and Susan has 4, so in that group I'm actually the footloose and fancy free parent without a baby on her hip. Bah!
We do family potlucks once or twice a month with these two families. Emily's oldest three are boys, and two of Susan's oldest are boys. So all the little girl babies and toddlers are usually with the moms, while the boys get to know each other. This week the daddies all played basketball with the boys. It was a great evening! Emily's youngest is Hazel, and Benji LOVES her. He also likes Hammy (Abraham), and they played "monkey" at the park.
Sisters McB and Marcy have "adopted" me into their "Parenthood-esque" family and they are so much fun. I love hanging out with them. They've got some weird sister thing going on where they get pregnant at the same time, so after Marcy's oldest (Luke; Benji's buddy), her daughter Lucy and McB's daughter Lillie are 2 weeks apart, and their two babies (Maggie Rose and Kaitlin) are also 2 weeks apart. AND they switch off their work schedules so one mom has all 5 kids in the morning and the other has all 5 in the afternoon. Each sister is the second parent in those households; sorry daddies, you are third hat. And their parents are in town and always nearby. It's a strange romantic, crazy, beautiful family thing I like to watch from the outside, as my own family history is dissimilar at best! Here we got to go out for girl's night. Judging by this photo, I maybe shouldn't have started with a margarita before they picked me up...
No comments:
Post a Comment