Yikes, my baby is 5? I'm not even sure how this is true. He had a nice, long, extended birthday this week. A special birthday outing with my parents to Howell's pumpkin patch, a picnic and cupcake shabang at our house with his preschool buddies, and a sushi date with Mike and I on his actual birthday. He's my special little man, and I love him to bits.
 |
| It's a proud parenting moment for me when a child of mine requests sushi for his birthday lunch. |
 |
| It's perhaps an even prouder moment when he eats it with abandon |
 |
| I think the staff at Haiku was excited to have a 5-yr-old celebrate his birthday with them. They brought him a dessert with candles (and we've been back since then, and they remember him and always bring him free dessert!) |
 |
| After lunch, Mike went back to work while Gavin and I crossed the street into Drake's campus and strolled through the grounds, finding bulldog statues, the painted street, and the sun dial where Mike and I were married twelve and a half years ago. |
 |
| The spot where his parents were married over a decade ago. |
 |
| Happy 5th Birthday to my little Gav Man. |
No comments:
Post a Comment