First robin sighting two days ago, first buds on trees spied yesterday, and first bug of the season spotted today. I've always considered myself a spring birthday, although I recently realized that although in March, my birthday actually falls in the winter season. But with weather like this, I will continue to think of myself as a child of spring!
Today was wonderful. Breakfast with Mike and Gavin, some shopping in the East Village, a walk around the neighborhood, champagne cake from a bakery that makes the best I've ever had, and dinner with 11 amazing, inspiring women friends. And these are just the amazing, inspiring ones in the Des Moines area-- that could attend this evening. There are so many more that I am blessed to call friends. I am a lucky gal.
 |
| My long-coveted Story People sun for the wall by our dining table. The story printed on it says, "Time stands still best in moments that look suspiciously like ordinary life." |
 |
| We did some tee-shirt shopping at Locally Grown Clothing Company and RayGun |
 |
| I promise that Jack and Benji were actually around before and after school. But they were more interested in playing soccer at the park after school than posing for cake photos! |
No comments:
Post a Comment