8.15.2015

Jackson Hole adventures

We started the day out with breakfast at The Bunnery, and then took a visit through the town square farmer's market. On a whim, we took a stagecoach ride around the town.


















After our morning of town square fun, we went with two other families in town for the wedding over to do some Alpine Sliding at the Snow King Resort. I love how everything in Jackson Hole is incredibly walkable. Our hotel was only 6 blocks from the town square. This outdoor sports area, as well as great parks, hiking, and other fun stops was minutes away from our cabin.

The scariest part of the whole sliding adventure was this ride to the top




After the sliding, it was time for a quick lunch (Oh, NYC Sub Shop, I will may never be able to eat Jimmy Johns again....), it was time for the wedding! It happened right inside the entrance of the Grand Teton National Park at the Chapel of Transfiguration. A small spot with a gorgeous view, the guys in tuxes were happy that the ceremony was a short one on this hot day.







This is the 1st wedding we have been to that had a tipi with some of the reception tables in it! The kids totally dug that.


Had a great time hanging out with Terrilee and her lovely 13-yr-old daughter, Loralei, who is growing up far too fast!

The kids got to do smores after wedding cake!

The view from the reception certainly could have been worse!
 I attended my friend Sarah's wedding in October 2010. Gavin had just turned one days before, and was the first and only one of our kids to ride on an airplane. I wore the very same dress to this wedding, and couldn't resist getting a photo holding Gav, 4 years after that last plane ride to a wedding in Portland.  Here are the two photos:


Apparently I don't change my hairstyle often enough...! Another thing I loved about these two photos is that the necklace I am wearing in the second photo, I purchased in Portland while there for Sarah's wedding. It's made from a piece of old skateboard. 

No comments: