8.29.2015

Leaps, and Leaps

No where on my New Year's resolutions list for 2015 did I write, "take a leap of faith." I didn't really intend to take one, much less many. And yet that seems to be the theme this year for both Mike and I. He's still leaping as he searches for new clients to keep his business going. And I'm joining him in the leap of faith area by starting a full time job on Tuesday. As in, TWO days. I was offered a position yesterday with AmeriCorps for a 12-month service term, and right now it feels like the right transition for me. I'll be developing a youth volunteer corp for Iowans through a non-profit called Community Youth Concepts. I'm eager to get on the ground training and experience in volunteer management, service learning, and non-profit functioning. But I'm reeling with the realization that I'm not just re-entering the work world, I'm jumping in without much warning! Gah!!!

No comments: