Good fun had by all in the name of service!
John Mark of ArtForce Iowa (an AmeriCorps colleague of mine, also out if CYC, works with JM. Fun to see these worlds cross over.)
Then I went on a cold turkey 20 mile bike ride with my mom Sunday AM. I told her how longit had been since I rode a bike, and she assured me that 20 miles on a bike isn't bad, even out if the gate. She was right! The Great Western Trail took us 2 hrs at a fairly leisurely pace, and my dad met us in several spots along the way to get us water, pick up discarded layers, and generally check in. It was like concierge biking :)
Made it to downtown Des Moines. Mike, my dad, and the boys met us for lunch at Exile Brewing. I could get into biking more often if it always ends with herbed fries and truffle aioli.
I am headed to bed now, at 8:30pm, after this exhausting-but memory-filled-weekend.


















No comments:
Post a Comment