2.02.2016

It always comes back to the food


For me, at least. Triple chocolate mocha cookies and homemade chai, and now making plans for clam chowder and lemon rosemary biscuits for dinner. Dare I say I'm rocking this snow day. And that is NOT typical for me. I have a history of getting excited about being snowed in with my kids, and then spending 80% of that time grumbling about how difficult and grateful they are. Today I've managed to get them to make some valentines (a never-ending task when each kid has 25 classmates and grandparents to cover), read (Benji read an hour- huge goal and accomplishment!), get delicious, homemade food on the table (because it always comes back to the food, for 
me), worked from home for two hours this morning and planning in two more this afternoon. Life/work balance is surviving. Not on a full-time scale, of course, and that balance was achieved by allowing more screen time than I feel comfortable with, but I'm still allowing myself to call this one a win. Not a sustainable win, but a win nonetheless :)


No comments: