(In case you can't see the photo well, we have Volvo, Audi, GEO [and me with a Vanna White pose], Lexus, Lexus SUV)
Here is a photo of our happy family that same night:
Yesterday in the mail we received a gorgeous sweater knitted by my friend Sarah. Carrie, I know you wanted to see it, so here it is in all its glory:
Thank you, Sarah, we love it!
I survived my first 4 days home alone with the children. Unfortunately Jack decided once Mike went back to work that he wasn't getting enough attention, and the BABY was the reason. So he has started acting out aggressively here and there to show his frustration. Luckily he is so young that he does it in front of me for attention, so I can stop him, unlike the subversive acts of aggression I used to perform at age 4 on my baby brother when my parents weren't looking. I did hit a low point, though, when Jack ran over and tried squeezing Ben's head, pulling his hair, and yanking on his leg. I had never before yelled at him until that moment, and he was scared. I had tried firm no's, explanations, even short time-outs, and nothing seems to be working. He still is apparently too young for these types of discipline and I'm at a loss for what to do and how to protect Benjamin. It comes down to me not being able to leave them alone in the same room together for even 10 seconds, which makes it hard to, oh, go the bathroom or get something to eat. But I had known the first several months would be hard, so I'm dealing. All in all it's going fairly well, and those developmental and adjustment moments are expected. Ben is still easy, even at night, and Jack is still challenging. Lest you forget what dining with a toddler entails, here's a reminder:
Mike's last "project" he wanted to finish before returning to work last week was to renovate our sandbox. He took out all the old sand, built up the sides, fashioned a cover (complete with 4 storm-proof locks and handles), and filled it with Cancun style sand. On these great 80 degree days, Jack enjoys it:
1 comment:
I can't believe it has been six years since your wedding. Time flies! I am happy that you got away for your anniversary. It sounds like you have your hands full the rest of the time. Wish I was close enough to come over and help out. xoxo
Post a Comment