5.01.2008
Due Date Blues
It's D Day! No sign of baby, which is still okay with me. I'm feeling slightly better, but still not 100%. Mike woke up with a sore throat today, and since I need my labor partner in good shape to support me, I think we need at least a couple more days before baby arrives. My mother is also sick, and she is our planned Jack watcher for the birth. It seems that the timing is all wrong this time! To add to these illness blues, I just found out that the midwife on call this weekend is the one woman who doesn't see regular patients, but comes in every 5th weekend to relieve the other midwives of weekend duty. I've never met her. Since it could be any day now, it bums me out to know I've spent 9 months building a rapport and comfortable familiarity with the other midwives, and could show up this weekend to a stranger at the hospital. I'm hoping to stop by the office Friday afternoon when she arrives for her weekend call so that I can at least meet her briefly. I'm sure she's delightful, but it would be nice to know her first. Sigh. Maybe we can convince Ben to stay in another week....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
if it's any consolation, we had our least favorite (by a long-shot) midwife for e's birth and it was still great. after all, if the L&D don't go perfectly to plan, you still get a sweet little baby!
Post a Comment