6.23.2008

Johnston Green Days

Saturday my parents and I took Jack to his first parade. Ben went too, but as you can imagine, he didn't get much out of it. Johnston had their town celebration, complete with carnival, antique car show, and all other sorts of events. It was a great day and tons of fun. We came home with two bags full of candy and toys. Thanks to my parents for bringing their camera! Be prepared for photo overload...

Jack and "Bapa" playing frisbee before the parade. Bapa is his favorite person in the whole world right now. Closely followed by his friend, Jaxson. Mommy and daddy don't even make the top 5 anymore.


Ben was just chillin

Jack waved to EVERYthing and everyone in the parade


"Ohmygod, is that a fire engine?"

"Yes! Yes! That IS a fire engine!!"


Ben and me at the parade (is that my newborn?)



First carnival game

First carnival prize


First and second rides on carousel


Slide!



Isn't it fun to be a kid? The simple pleasures of life :)

Last night was supposed to be a mostly-adult evening for Mike and I, though the plans didn't work out exactly. We had won some free tickets to the Funny Bone comedy club, and decided to leave Jack with my parents and go out for dinner before the show. We ended up rushing through dinner since we had to get to the club early to pick up the tickets. It was a nice dinner at Fire Creek, though--my pasta was really stellar. We had Benjamin with us, since all he does is sleep in the evenings, and he hasn't tried bottles yet. I'm putting that off for a long time, if possible, because of our horrible experience with Jack refusing to nurse after being introduced to one. So we get to the club and meet our friends who were joining us with the other free tickets. We order drinks, we chat for awhile, then decide to go in. At the door, the guy says "I can't let you take the baby in." Huh? Ben is sleeping silently and peacefully in the wrap. Not a peep. I tell the dude that he's a newborn and all he'll do is sleep, and if he wakes up, I'd be happy to leave without a moment's hesitation. Still, no go. I can understand, I guess, that they'd be worried if he would start crying and throw off the comedian's monologue or something. I guess we should've asked when we accepted the tickets. I was just so happy that the club's new location was non-smoking and combined a restaurant-atmosphere with the stage, that I didn't even consider they simply wouldn't allow us in. But what irks me is that we sat there the whole time, ordered drinks, the guy stared at us and clearly knew we had a baby with us, and never said anything beforehand! That wasted a lot of our time (and money). I asked why he didn't say something beforehand, and he said, "oh, i didn't know if maybe you had a sitter coming or something." Hmmph. So though I tried to convince Mike and the others to stay while I'd go outside for a walk, they all decided to leave with me. We ended up going home for socks and then bowling. Ben liked the bowling alley :)

No comments: