7.20.2008

Weekend check-in

Just checking in for the weekend. It's once again a nice, relaxing one. Friday we got to see some friends from Rochester, MN who were in town for a family gathering. The Davis family stopped by with their two kids, who played with Jack awhile. They are expecting their 3rd and we (well, at least I) will be eagerly watching to see how it goes with 3 children ;)



That evening we went to Court Avenue Brewing Co. downtown, one of our favorite restaurants to go for a nice, casual meal, and had some good beer and food. Now that all IA restaurants/bars are smoke-free as of July 1, it brings brand new horizons to our dining pleasure. It was nice to be able to walk through the bar to get to the restroom and not have to pass through a giant cloud of smoke.

Saturday I did some major Target shopping to get the final gifts I needed for a bridal shower, bachlorette party, and wedding of my close friend from highschool, Alicia. Saturday evening Mike and Jack went to BBQ at the Carlson house, while I took Benj with me to Alicia's combination 30th birthday party/bridal shower/ bachlorette party/ honeymoon preparation party. It was great fun with a tropical theme, and 6 fabulous women to share good drinks and laughs with. Here are a few photos (they even look tropical, as my camera was set to "cloudy" so it cast a warm hue onto every photo I took):






Today my brother and his new girlfriend, Beth, stopped into town and we had lunch at a new sushi spot by the mall. I'm kicking myself for not taking a photo of the maki rolls we ordered--this place is by the far the best with maki presentation of any place I've ever been. Beautiful, colorful, HUGE pottery platters are used for displaying the rolls, and they have so much decor about them you hardly want to eat them. Our favorite is the Amazing Roll, which has mango and avocado and eel and all sorts of other treasures in there. So, so good. My camera was again pretty grainy today (I need to put it back into auto focus, I think), but here are a couple shots of Adam and Jack and his new dearie with the kids:



Benj was very tired out from this weekend of visits and visitors:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW, busy weekend. Sounds like fun! I love the pics of Benj sleeping. . . how precious. I like the new background theme that you have going on, very cool.