38 weeks:
3, soon-to-be-4, Case Haub boys
the landscaping around the deck that we finally finished:
We headed up to Boone yesterday for a visit to see Thomas the Tank Engine. Jack and I rode the train and he enjoyed some other activities at the event:
Benj was there, too :)
And afterward, we had lunch at Hickory Park in Ames with Mike's grandmother and great aunt.
My 38-week prenatal appt. is today, and I am hoping hoping HOPING the midwife tells me that Gavino the Bambino has rotated back out of posterior position. He had managed to make his way into it a week ago, and since then I've spent quite a bit of time on hands and knees to encourage him back out of it again. One night I was sure I was going into labor because of shooting back pains, and I panicked quite a bit because I had no idea how I'd deal with advanced labor if that was how early labor began.... turned out I was having practice back labor due to his posterior position. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible when the real thing comes! Yikes. Not a good sign when your midwive tells you, "Yeah, I don't know how women deal with back labor. That is really a tremendous challenge." and her nurse and midwife apprentice also tells you, "I had back labor all three times and I literally thought I was going to die." Honesty is great, but yikes!
4 comments:
I've been thinking of you and check this regularly!! Once baby Gavin is here, I'd love to come over and watch while Brody, Benj and Jack play. He was posterior and no one told me that until after 2.5 hours of pushing. Gavin will flip, just keep moving, rolling on the ball and stretching. You'll be fine and have a birth to remember!! Back labor is nothing! ;)
~ Emily
I saw the landscaping around the deck today; it looks great! Glad you made it to Monday. Now just to make it past Wicked huh?
okay, back labor does really stink. both of our girls started posterior and labor was tough but you get through it and that sweet little miracle is worth it. i will send roll over vibes your way!
not sure if you get mothering magazine (did we already have this conversation?) but this month's issue has some nice birth stories (if a touch flowery/hippie-dippie even for my tastes). there's one i read this morning from a couple who had their first baby at home (a remote cabin) without assistance (planned). i guarantee it will make you feel like your CNM-attended homebirth is super conventional and mainstream!
Post a Comment