They are all (all THREE) sleeping right now, so I actually can sit at the computer and type up a blog post! I'd better not get used to this, I'm guessing. As it turns out, I think the biggest obstacle to my new life will be my own attitude. A friend called this morning and I found myself complaining that I had to change my shirt by 8:30am because it already had snot, spit-up, AND blood on it. A mother of three herself, her quick reply was "But not poop? Yeah!" I guess I needed a dose of perspective.
So far I've learned that doing this in the winter will be tough. I will absolutely have to get over my fear of leaving the house alone with all three, and of taking little Gavin out into the crowds of cold and flu season. Because if we continue to attempt to kill each and every morning at home, we may kill each other, too. I may also have to give in to my strict t.v. rules a little. Jack has made it past age 3 with watching one and only one show a day: Thomas and Friends. I decided to set up Curious George, Clifford the Big Red Dog, and Sesame Street to record on the DVR, too, so that we have options for when I really need some sit-down time. I guess you just can never say never.
Yesterday Benjamin made a face and pointed to his behind, and said "Poo." Are we potty training the wrong child? Jack is not potty training well. It was cool at first but now he's just adamant against it. He'll pee occasionaly for a few chocolate chips, but #2 is simply not happening. We even took the advice of many friends and bought him the big toy that up until now we'd just been paying lip service too. He helped put together his "big boy bike" and repeatedly asks if he can ride it, but we keep telling him that it stays in the laundry room until he poops on the potty. Then he can ride it all he wants. Still no budging. The bribes aren't working. After rinsing out a dirty pair of undies today, I decided that potty training can wait until Gavin's been around a bit longer. I guess it's a good thing we decided to wait on preschool till next fall for Jack, since the lack of potty readiness would not have been a good thing for this year's preschool plans.
Gavin had his first bath yesterday and didn't make a peep. I'll assume that meant he enjoyed it.
I love the fuzzy softness of baby hair after a bath
His hair seems to be turning blonder already (now if we could just go for green eyes...)
Our seasons have been really backwards, as on Saturday I posted snow play photos, and on Sunday we got outside for some real fall play:
Since it's been cold lately, Jack hasn't been outside much interacting with other kids. I think he's been forced to discover Benjamin as a play mate. It's kind of fun to see them play. Like all siblings, they spend 75% of their time fighting and 25% really digging each other. I like how we can't get Benjamin to eat his peas, but Jack can.
No comments:
Post a Comment