12.04.2010

random photos of recent and not so recent happenings

I just found the card that allows me to upload photos from my phone. Here are some recent and not so recent pics:

Santa!


Jack is learning how to write the letters in his name at preschool. He was playing with blocks the other day & asked for help with the "c" (he was having trouble figuring out how to make a "c" with no curved blocks) and the "k". But he did most of it himself, and was so proud!


We went down to visit Mike's parents last weekend and the older boys spent a couple hours outside with Grandpa. I consider this an exercise in free range parenting, since I left them to Grandpa's "eh, he'll be alright" complete surveillance. It's best when I don't know what they are doing (though I did shudder a bit when through the window I saw them ride away in his pick-up, sans car seats) so that I can't freak out and try to intervene. They came back in one piece with only a bloodly lip to show for their morning. Then we discovered that 242 hay bales is better than any bounce house on the planet!

Tractor riding with Grandpa



Hawkeye loves farm life.




Some summer photos stored away in my phone... Benji feeding the parakeets at the zoo


Jack adores Gavin so much


I love this one

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Oh Yes. . . round bales. We spent HOURS playing on them when we were little kids. I remember me dad was never very happy when a shoe would get lost down in between them and he would have to move a few to get it out :)