12.04.2010

Windows!

Okay, I am fully aware that no one is ever as excited about another person's home building adventure as the person him/herself. So I am cognizant of keeping our discussion of the details to ourselves, and not bringing up the home building process or frustrations or excitements or...just details...in every conversation. It's really not important to anyone but us, and I get that. But I drove by yesterday and saw that we now have (most of) our windows put in. I got a little excited, and I walked through and took some photos. And because a blog is expected to be a spot for at least a little narcissism, I'm going to post them here for journaling reasons :)

Windows! We're still missing one window here (on the upper left side, the guest bedroom will have a decorative window with a curved top)


Windows in back of house


I took this from inside the den/office (which for us, will be a playroom). Crazy how strange a house looks before drywall is put up!


Someday when you come to visit, you will enter here (hopefully by then there will be a front door :)


Entry way into family room (on left), dining area and kitchen (to right)


Future family room (fireplace will be between two sets of windows)


View of pond outside family room window (As much as we loved the decorative window grates on all the front windows, we asked the builder to leave them off all the windows on the back of the house. The #1 reason we chose this location is to have a view of the water from all our back windows, and I didn't want any decorative grates breaking up the view from the windows :)


Future kitchen (i.e., where I will likely be spending a LOT of time)


In front of the dining area will be the sliding glass door that leads to the deck/backyard:


From kitchen, here I'm looking into what will be the laundry room, mudroom, and further, the garage. This, of course, will actually be drywalled.


Stairs leading into the basement


Basement (this will be unfinished for several years, but it is plumbed for a bathroom, so someday when we have a fair amount of savings built up again, we'll add a guest bedroom and bathroom in the basement, as well as a recreation area)


This is the front stairway, and there will be a platform in front of those high windows where I predict my cats will spend the happiest of days


Here is an irony: for the people who rarely spend money on clothes and have 0% interest in shopping, this will be our walk-in closet:

(I keep telling Mike that we could use it as a nursery for child #4, but he is not amused)

Best part of our master bedroom will be the view ("Good morning, geese!"):


It will get really excited as drywall goes up and flooring goes down, and all the little touches that we have chosen get put into action. I'm still anxious to hear back on whether or not my chosen exterior color scheme is a "go." Once I know for sure on that, it will really start to feel like OUR home.

No comments: