Happy Independence Day! It's going to be a hot one! The kiddos are at swim lessons with Mike and my parents, so I have a moment to post a little hello and some photos from this past weekend.
I had knee surgery yesterday to fix a torn meniscus that I've been putting off for far too long. So far the recovery has not been too bad. I haven't needed crutches too much and I haven't needed to fill the script for the pain meds. The biggest issue is mobility, which is a pretty necessary thing when running around after 3 boys :) Still, for now I'm doing pretty well.
This is what the rooms in our house look like when I'm unable to follow behind the kiddos and pick up after them. (I know, I shouldn't do that, either, but the OCD in me doesn't like a lot of chaos to pile up).
When left to their own devices (AKA, allowing them to be "bored" and use their imaginations to initiate play), this is often what happens:
I'm trying to be live a little with the chaos since I notice that when the toys are all neatly put away, they aren't using them. And they are just fighting. So if I let the toys lay around, chances are eventually they'll pick them up and start playing. I guess that's the silver lining to living in a mess?
So that's the new scoop from our place. Last weekend I had a really fabulous time with some very dear old girlfriends. Bridget and Keith came to town and my boys got to meet Baby Willa.
Then all the boys left and the ladies had a quiet house to hold Shelly's Blessingway, in honor of her first birth. Just 17 days away from her due date, it was a really special time to celebrate the miraculous transition and life event she is preparing for. It was a really beautiful ceremony with friendships we have had in our lives for two decades.
It was such a lovely day. Followed by lovely conversation and a feast of yummy foods. I wish every weekend could be that good. Miss you girls already!!







No comments:
Post a Comment