6.29.2012

100 degrees and counting

We have had a string of 100+ degree days so our inflatable pool is getting a lot of play! It's pretty crazy when there is a 30 degree difference between the house and the backyard.




One family member who adores this heat is our fat cat. Morphine spends hours laying on the patio. I would think that with all that fur she'd want to be safe inside, but I can't convince her of this. She'd rather lounge for hours on the patio! I guess it *is* quieter than the house. And there is the occasional toad to chase. Very exciting for the feline existence.

This is the one thing I've planted in the backyard-- a trumpet vine. Those of you who know me understand that this is an ambitious endeavor for my black thumbs. Mike said to me as we were leaving Earl May, "Can we just light two twenties on fire and skip the part where we dig the hole and waste gallons of water on this thing?" Nice. It's doing okay so far, but if any of you have experience with keeping Trumpet Vines healthy and alive, (Samantha? Sarah? Steph?) PLEASE do share :)

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That first picture of Jack and Benji (I'm assuming) is hilarious. It looks like Jack just has a REALLLLLY long body. It gave me a good laugh. I think I saw part of Mike's Father's Day gift on the patio? Did he like it? I want more pics. I had to laugh at Mike's comment about burning the money. I think Earl May has the policy that if it doesn't survive a year, all you have to do is take a pic of it and bring it to the store with your receipt and you will get a refund. Walked past your old house lastnight and your blueberry bushes are G.O.N.E, like mowed down :( One of the rose bushes had a flower on it and your lilacs looked great, so there is hope :)