I'm always taken back by how short the warm months seem and how L-O-N-G the winter months seem. It feels like just yesterday I was trudging into newbie gardening territory, with tremendous anxiety and high hopes that it would turn out okay. Now it's already time to pull the plants and look back on this summer of gardening, wrap up the gardening journal and reflect on what went right and what didn't. 38 lbs of green tomatoes leaves me looking for more canning opportunities, which is surprising since I felt pretty burnt out on canning at the beginning of this month.
All in all I'm very happy with my first garden here. It was very productive and joyous for me, and I look forward to doing it again next year! I did feel a little melancholy, though, pulling out all the plants. But I guess all good things must come to an end. Or, at least, a long winter's rest.
Look at this "little" guy!

No comments:
Post a Comment