It feels good to have a Half Marathon under my belt. My time was better than I anticipated, and I met my goal of running the whole thing without stopping to walk. It was a bit of a reality check when I was completing mile #11 and the full marathoners passed me with a police escort on their mile #24.....but hey, I am much more into endurance than speed anyway :)
Happy to share this fun experience with Ernie. Before the race...
After the race...
I don't think I've been bitten by the runner's bug in the same way as other friends. I didn't finish this race and think, "Half down, onto the full!" I don't plan to ever run a full marathon (come on, that's just plain crazy, right?!) I not against doing another half in the future, but for the time being, my runs will probably be less consistent, and will rarely--if ever-- go over 6 miles. It was nice to have a goal and a deadline by which to meet it. I work much better that way. I guess now I need to find a new goal!

No comments:
Post a Comment