10.12.2013

Officially Fall

I've slid into my acceptance of autumn slowly this year. But visits to a couple pumpkin patches, and morning runs in 49 degree weather, have finally convinced me. Now I'm all in.

I had the opportunity to chaperone Benjamin's class yesterday on a trip to a local pumpkin patch. It was a fun trip and he had a great time with his buddy, William.

Today our own family went to another pumpkin patch/orchard. I was grateful not to have to buy apples this year, as Mike's dad has been bringing me giant 5-gallon bucketfuls from a tree near his workplace. I've made applesauce and apple pies and cobblers. We could probably use more applesauce for the winter months, but I think I burned myself out a bit with the canning this season because of all the tomatoes. Phew. Still, I bought five sugar pumpkins today so hopefully I can give it one last push and can some pumpkin, as the fall recipes start to build up on my counter...many of which will require pureed pumpkin!

No comments: