Well, I found out today I got turned down for the first job I applied for since going on the market. I had higher hopes for this one than normal. It only would have been 13 hours a week, every other week, so not a huge job, but something part-time and enough to get my foot in the door of the working world again. I even had it worked out where I wouldn't need to pay for any daycare, between Mike's day off, preschool, and the grace of a good friend who was willing to take Gavin on the remaining days. The position was with the Iowa Food Cooperative, which I love. I think I had a good shot, and my 2-hr interview went really well. But in the end I couldn't compete with another candidate who brought twenty years of experience in food production and product development to the table, who just recently left the corporate world for something more low-key.
Eh, I anticipate a lot of failures before I find something. I'm not too broken up. Glad I have one under my belt so I can start looking for the next opportunity....
No comments:
Post a Comment